Saturday, June 28, 2008

Post the First (by some girl called "MEG")

Hi. So...

I'm not sure what to call myself when I make my introduction. My initials are MEG, my burlesque stage name is Kate Fox, as an actor I use my real name, and I may even add another alias as I dip into other projects. I guess I feel more comfortable with just a dash of anonymity, a bit of good, old-fashioned role-playing. But I'll be sharing my actual, really-real opinions, however inane they may be, and you're free to call me pretty much anything, as long as its not derogatory or fascism-related. Good?

Subjects I like: O.C., L.A., theatre, burlesque, Disneyland, concerts, art exhibits, movies, music, books, adventures with Douglas Dodgson, my friends' art projects, style, love, fairy tales, job vs. artistic work, pirate history, and so on.

I hope reading the posts by these lovely bloginators will clue you in on cool events, restaurants, albums, art shows, and what have you. And whatnots.

For now, here are my favorite SoCal haunts:
  • New Orleans Square, Disneyland - Anaheim
  • Continental Room - Fullerton
  • Hunger Artists Theatre Co. (for OC Underground Burlesque Society shows) - Fullerton
  • The Old Ship - Fullerton
  • Gypsy Den - Santa Ana
  • The Lab "Anti-Mall" - Costa Mesa
  • South Coast Repertory - Costa Mesa
  • Westin lobby bar - Costa Mesa
  • Downtown Seal Beach
  • Queen Mary - Long Beach
  • Skylight Books - L.A.
  • Greek Theater (Rilo Kiley! The White Stripes! Yeah Yeah Yeahs! Damien Rice!) - L.A.
  • Orpheum Theater (Flight of the Conchords!) - L.A.
  • BCAM @ LACMA - L.A.
I can go more in-depth on these things at a later date, but for now, I leave the intensive research to you.

Happy Trails!
[Insert name here.]

No comments: