Sunday, July 20, 2008

Cold War Kids secret show!


Cold War Kids play a secret show at The Prospector!

"Where the heck is The Prospector?!" - you ask. Well, its a tiny bar in Long Beach, that is hot with the locals. But it doesn't matter cause the show was last Friday night! So... HA! You missed it!
(that's OK... I missed it too...)

I got word of it after I already had tickets for Batman (see previous post), and I rushed over just to arrive as they finished the set... Oh well.

But the word at the bar was that they played all new material from their forthcoming album, and while it still showcases thier distictive rythmic sound, it is a little further from folk and a little closer to punk this time around. Go see their website for more info.

This would be a good thing! And that I can verify personally, I was at a show in March at the OC Performing Arts Center... They played a couple of new songs at that show, along with the following excellent cover of Fugazi's "Furniture". Enjoy!

No comments: